Department of Gastroenterology
The Department of Gastroenterology at Sanar International Hospitals deals with the diagnosis and treatment of various acute and chronic GI, Biliary, and Digestive Diseases. The Department is backed up with state-of-the-art technology and advanced medical procedures including laparoscopy that have changed the face of surgical treatment. Sanar International Hospitals is well equipped and has a team of specialized doctors, surgeons, and healthcare professionals who are dedicated to provide the best healthcare services. Many diseases are managed with minor medical prescriptions while some other severe diseases may require surgical interventions.
Treatments available for the following conditions:
- IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome): Irritable bowel syndrome is basically a disorder that affects the large intestine that causes severe abdominal pain, bloating, diarrhoea, constipation, abdominal cramps, etc.
- Ulcerative Colitis: Ulcerative colitis is an inflammatory bowel disease that causes ulcers and inflammation in the digestive tract. Ignorance of its symptoms might lead to severe complications and life-threatening conditions.
- GI Cancers: Gastrointestinal cancer usually includes various types of cancer that affect the digestive system such as the stomach, small intestine, large intestine, colon, pancreas, liver, and anus.
- Liver cirrhosis: Liver cirrhosis is a late-stage liver disease in which the healthy tissues get scarred and are replaced with scar tissues that are often permanent and beyond repair. The scar tissue blocks the blood flow through the liver and disrupts the function of the liver.
- Gastritis: It is used for a group of conditions that includes inflammation of the lining of the stomach that causes severe pain, infection, stomach ulcers, etc.
- Pancreatitis: Pancreatitis refers to inflammation of the pancreas which is usually caused due to gallstones.
- Hepatitis: It refers to the inflammation of the liver which is usually caused due to excessive consumption of alcohol and severe health-related conditions. Hepatitis A, hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, hepatitis D, and hepatitis E are different types of hepatitis but chronic hepatitis B and C are more common.
- GI Infections: GI infection can be due to bacterial, viral, or parasitic infection that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract causing various gastric issues. Cholangitis: It is a condition in which the inflammation of the bile duct system occurs, which is usually caused due to bacterial infection.
- Gallstones: Gallstones are very common; these are hard deposits that accumulate in the gallbladder and cause a lot of pain that requires the removal of the gallbladder in severe cases.
The gastroenterology department offers a wide variety of treatment methods. The treatment depends upon the type of gastric disease or disorder, and the severity of the condition which usually varies from patient to patient. Some of the treatment methods include:
- Endoscopic Treatments:
- Upper GI Endoscopy
- Special Endoscopic Treatments:
- Foreign body removal
- Esophageal Stents
- Duodenal and Colonic stents
- Endoscopic removal of stones
- GI Bleeding:
- Infection Splenectomy
- Banding of Varices
- Mechanical Clip Application
Medical Management like Paracentesis (Ascetic Fluid Removal), Thoracentesis (Pleural Fluid Removal), Liver Biopsy, etc. are also done routinely.