Say goodbye to Yellow Teeth with these tips
Smiling makes your face look more attractive, provided your smile is healthy. Wondering what it means? Well, it refers to your oral health and hygiene, which, very much, depends on how well you take care of your gums and teeth. Experts from the best dental hospital in Gurgaon suggest that as we age, our teeth tend to become yellowish, which is due to the wearing out of the enamel. However, advancing age is not the only factor responsible for it. Unhealthy Lifestyle choices can lead to the yellowing of teeth while you are still in your 20s, 30s or even teens. It is important to understand that yellowing of teeth is not a serious health issue but it does affect the quality of your life by lowering your confidence. Imagine looking at your yellow teeth in the mirror every day.
What leads to the Yellowing of Teeth apart from ageing?
Here is a list of some common factors that may be responsible for making your teeth yellow:
- Excessive smoking and use of tobacco products as these are likely to stay in your teeth over time
- Lack of proper oral hygiene. You are likely to have yellow teeth if you do not brush regularly or if you ignore your oral health
- If you have been taking medication for some other disease, that can lead to the yellowing of your teeth
- If you have an underlying illness or undergoing any treatment for the same
- Yellowing of teeth care also be due to a genetic reason as some people might inherit the yellow enamel
Remedies that could help
Fortunately, it is possible to make your teeth white again and all it takes is a little effort and some healthy lifestyle changes. We have listed some of these in this blog with the help of the best dental specialist in Gurgaon.
- Oil pulling - For many of you this must be a new term, however, the remedy is quite old and traditional, with its origin in India itself. Oil pulling is not only beneficial for your oral health but is also known to purify your body of various toxins. Take some coconut oil and swish it in your mouth for a couple of minutes. Although you can use other oils as well, coconut oil comes with many benefits. It is rich in lauric acid, which helps to alleviate inflammation and destroy bacteria, which can otherwise lead to diseases like plaque and gingivitis.
- Hydrogen peroxide - The chemical is known for its bleaching properties, and it not only whitens your teeth but also helps to curb the growth and development of bacteria. It is due to these antibacterial properties that hydrogen peroxide is widely used for cleaning wounds and cuts. You do not need to use hydrogen peroxide directly but rather use toothpaste that contains a high concentration of the same.
- Baking soda - This remedy is very popular and used in many households. Baking soda is known to whiten the teeth and this is the reason why it is a crucial ingredient in many kinds of toothpaste. As per the best surgeon in Gurgaon, brushing with baking soda can help to make your oral cavity alkaline, which alleviates the growth and development of bacteria. Baking soda has also been found as awesome to be useful in addressing other oral problems like inflammation, bleeding and plaque.
- Avoiding food that can lead to staining - There are several foods and beverages that can promote the yellowing of teeth and these include coffee and soda. People who tend to drink coffee on a daily basis are likely to have yellower teeth as compared to those who do not. If possible you should avoid drinking such beverages, or else you can bring them in a way that prevents direct contact with your teeth. You can also try brushing your teeth after having such foods and drinks, as this will help to remove any residue. Yellowing of teeth can also be due to excessive use of tobacco and smoking. So it is recommended to give up such practices altogether.
If you wish to know more about the problem or need any guidance related to the same, consult our experts today.
Book an Appointment